FAMILY PICTURE

FAMILY PICTURE

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ever have one of those weeks?!

Well life is just going on as usual with the DR Bowen's. Never a dull moment. Thursday Garrett was driving David's truck back from a YSA activity and the oil pressure dropped and a clunking noise was heard. He pulled over to the side of the road and the truck wouldn't start again. Mom ended up going and sitting with the truck until triple A came and towed it to our house. 2 1/2 hours later. Problem with truck $3,500 needs new engine. Didn't have it done. David said he would do it himself. (Yeah Right!!) I'm still waiting for him to put on the brakes for my van that we bought 6 weeks ago! Then Garrett, our loving son was with Melanie and the kids and some of Melanie's friends and ended up hitting 3 cars in a parking lot. (Long Story) $1,000 deductible and Garrett had spent his money that he was suppose to keep in savings for the deductible if he ever was in a wreck. Not happy campers were Mom & Dad but, we handled it well.

On the up note I am 2 tenths of a pound away from losing 35 pounds and my goal is to loose 40 by David's 50th B-day on the 19th of May so wish me luck. I'm not losing as fast as I was and every little bit takes allot of exercising and eating within my points.


Garrett has everything done for his mission papers and they should be in the Stakes hands this week. Now we wait for the Stake President interview.

1 comment:

  1. So very very sorry!! I would have beat garrett's butt. So what is the full story? I love you guys and get to see you in a little over two months. YEAH!!!

    ReplyDelete