FAMILY PICTURE

FAMILY PICTURE

Monday, January 19, 2009

Flood can not stop the Zoo Visit
































David and I had today off because of Martin Luther King Holiday. David had planned to play tennis in the morning and then come home and go with me and the Grandchildren to the Zoo around 11am. Well yesterday morning David received a call around 7am from a Bishop in one of the wards that meets in one of the Stake Centers he is over. (It just happened to be in our building and our stake as we meet in the stake center.) There had been a youth dance the night before and someone caused the toilet on one side of the church to clog and then someone else broke the handle in the stake suites bathroom. So the toilet in the Stake suites over flowed and there was an inch of standing water in there and then the clog caused flooding on the other side of the building. (No sewage though thank goodness). So because both sides were flooded. The Stake President canceled meetings in the building. We could go to any of the other wards if we wanted to. David of course was on cleanup duty all day. Then this morning he was to meet the carpet cleaners at 8am before he went to play tennis to let them back in the building to pick up the blowers that were left all night to dry out the carpet. Well they didn't come until 9 instead and then his tennis companion couldn't play so David stayed to finish with the carpet and moving furniture back to where it belonged. He wasn't home by 11 but, called around 11:30 saying he would be home in about 20 minutes so we waited and went together. Melanie's friend named Michael was willing to go to the zoo with us so we called him up and said we were still on and he met us at the zoo. It helped out a lot because then there was one child for each adult. Melanie had to work so she was unable to go with us. We had a great time though.















4 comments:

  1. I didn't get the memo about the zoo today. I had to work so I guess it really didn't matter. I want a good pic of Micheal. From the pic on the blog he reminds me of Keith Arthur. I want to see what he looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Roseann! This is Hollee Chris..Well now its Richmond...How are you guys. My mom said that you sent a wedding card. I have not been down to St George yet to get it but thank you. If you would like to check out my blog please do. It is private so email me your email address and i will invite you to see it. I hope to hear from you soon.
    holleerichmond@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny that we went to zoos on the same day! LOL. Well I love the pictures and I bet the kids loved the zoo. Hopefully the whole flood thing is ok now, poor dad when it rains it poors...Flood, tennis cancelled but hey he got to go to the ZOO! We love you! Keep up the blog it looks GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there, Hollee said you have a Blog. Just read it. Great job. I don't know how myself. Family looks good. Hope this works.

    ReplyDelete